Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A Wandering Turk

I found an interesting blog written by The Wandering Turk, presently exploring the Land Downunder.

He grew up in Ankara, now resides in Austin, Texas and he's doing a really good job of making me homesick for New Zealand. He's written of hangis and White Herons, of West Coast rain and kayaking, of walking on Franz Joseph Glacier and was photographed in one of those crystal clear streams that New Zealand does so very very well... the antidote is surely his post on the demon Sandfly.

2 comments:

egan said...

Di, is this guy participating in Survivor or something? I love his photos of the South Island. From what I see of New Zealand, it looks similar to Washington state up to Alaska. Enjoy your Wednesday.

Di Mackey said...

The South Island of New Zealand is heaven on a stick ... he's captured it and made me homesick. Sigh ...

Thanks for your Wednesday wish, same back to you too but without the grey cloud and rain we have here :)