Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Sunshine

This morning I felt like I understood why the ancients worshipped the sun ... it was lovely to find it shining today. It fills the apartment, making life seem good after our long grey winter. And someone believes they have finally solved the puzzle of why it took so long for me to get permission to reside here in Belgie. A ex-colleague of Gert's pointed out that I was making the very suspicious move of trying to come into Europe meanwhile most people dream of a life in New Zealand.

2 comments:

Mlle said...

Yes, isn't it an odd feeling.. the sun beats down upon you, and you feel your body physically responding to it.
On one hand, I lived in a sunny area, and I believe that I took sunny days for granted.
On the other, I live in Belgium, and now, a sunny day is a treasure not to be overlooked..
Now the sun awakens my pleasure sensors.

Di Mackey said...

I think that's what it is ... like you, I've often lived in places where I've taken the sun forgranted. Not so here, sunlight is truly a treasure after our winter and I'm so glad we've got big windows at either end of the lounge. :)