Friday, March 10, 2006

The Eleventh Commandment

Well ... being the ignorant bunny I am, I foolishly asked my assorted audience what the Eleventh Commandment was. When Debbie and Gert stopped with their laughter they mentioned 'The 10 Commandments' and it all came flooding back to me ... too late. My facesaving thought of 'Thou shall drink' was stated by Gert and I went back to my writing. Debbie, an old friend from England is over and saving me from madness brought on by being an in process immigrant. But better still, she understands almost every word that I say, even a mumbled mocking. She has even gone so far as explaining the structural linguistic faults in my Kiwi speak ... 'all my 'i's' sound like 'e's' and my 'e's' sound like 'i's'. Of course she's exaggerating however it does explain the Pole and Romanian on the floor laughing over my pronunciation of Brad Pitt ... apparently I said Bread Pet. I doubt this.
Anyway ... today we popped into het Elfde Gebod, otherwise known as 'The Eleventh Commandment' in old centre city Antwerpen. It's a lovely pub ... filled with statues of saints but of course. Debbie has forbidden publication of the photos I took of her however we do have the pub pics and you'll just have to take my word that the Frambozen beer was kind of superb.

4 comments:

Sal DeTraglia said...

11th Commandment: Thou shalt post those "forbidden" photos of Debbie.

It's the least you can do, now that you've teased us.

San Salvador

Di Mackey said...

Well actually ... I liked the idea however I think we should wait until Debbie is ready (lol, don't I sound like a grown-up now). I'll take a gazillion photographs of her over the next few days (she's here until Tuesday) and I'll post when she can let go of the whole privacy thing.

Unknown said...

That place looks great. I have added it to my "Must visit" list. :)

Di Mackey said...

And with Debbie as my guinea pig test on all things touristy, I'll know lots about this country one day soon.