Friday, March 24, 2006

An International Outing

I'm off into Antwerpen city today ... the Canuck and the American are coming to town, and taking the dull cloudy day into account, our first stop will be THE bookshop. I hope to resist all temptation and remain the virtuous-in-process-new-zealander, waiting-to-work-before-she-succumbs-to-the-lure-of-book-buying-again ... but sometimes I have book-buying accidents.
We shall see.
I've ordered a copy of Samir's Black Widow novel, well Gert did really, and I slipped up with my credit card buying Gert a copy of 'Slipping Into Paradise - Why I Live in New Zealand. I think I can rest on my criminal book buying activities for now and play tour guide or companion in wandering today.
Oh ... my laptop's still on New Zealand time. Alison just phoned, they're on the train to Antwerpen and I'm sitting here typing, with wet uncombed hair and ecetera. It's not 8.46am, it's 9.46am and in New Zealand it's 8.46pm because of daylight saving.

Must dash .. tot ziens.

No comments: