Sunday, March 05, 2006

Wandermuse

I found a blogsite that roused me out of my cold Sunday Belgian Blues.

Wandermuse describes herself as an artist, painter, photographer, ponderer and wanderer. Links that take you through her site are down at the bottom of her blog ... it's well worth checking out. Also down there you'll find a section titled 'Travel and Encounters' ... I thought the creativity section was delicious.

Anyway, I've borrowed an extract from her most recent post titled Bare Your Soul just to share:

A painting is more than color, value, subject, composition...it resonates with your life experience, spirit of adventure, sense of humor, personal ideals and individual integrity...

Your art (whatever form it takes) is what you live.

Living a creative life is about pushing your personal envelope. When you push yourself physically, you feel it in those animal muscles you sometimes forget you have...and next time, you're stronger. Remember to stretch the "muscles" of your heart and your mind, too...
You can read it in its entirety here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Di;

Your pictures of snow are very beautiful.

I write to thank you for your suggestions of New Zealand literature. I've read none of these writers, but kept the names.

You mentioned your Dutch workbook in very commending terms. I am still in search of the ideal course. Is your material available to the public at large (I mean, in online bookshops such as Abebooks)? Is there any audio recordings, or is it just print?

Best regards,
Roger

Di Mackey said...

Thanks Roger.

Let me look into the book situation ... the site of the publisher is in Dutch and all I could find was this picture (with Dutch) of my second workbook. http://www.pelckmans.be/methodesites/fo_documenten.asp?hmethid=252&methid=285&aid=622

Gert isn't at home, so I'm lacking a translator but you could contact the publisher here: http://www.pelckmans.be/index_leerkracht_SO.asp?soort=meths

Let me know if you want me to enquire about it. I imagine they'll be fluent in English ... I suspect I'm the only mono-lingual person left in the world.

Kind regards,
Di