Sunday, March 19, 2006

Absinthe


Until Sal wrote his post I knew very little about Absinthe and really, I still know so very little about it although he did have this to say, Absinthe has a nasty history, but it does taste good when mixed correctly (and not abused...too much). The cocktails in my photo were 5:1 water to Absinthe ratio. That's pretty humane. Then again, the Absinthe straight was 100 proof. ... it seems like something I shouldn't play with. Anyway, my local guide and I were out in the city today and we spotted this poster.

3 comments:

Sal DeTraglia said...

Absinthe! The drink of choice for the hallucination generation!

Funny how the world is full of information once your sensors are activated. If you're pregnant, then you suddenly notice hundreds of other pregnant women. If you've just bought a BMW, you notice hundreds of other BMW's. If you've been drinking Absinthe, you notice hundreds of other purple-winged, pokka-dotted flying sea otters buzzing around the neighborhood lamp posts.

Good to see that your sensors are activated. And watch out below for those day-glo otter droppings.

And thanks for the plug. Actually, it's the second from you this week.

Sal

Di Mackey said...

Two plugs ... hmmmm, well I only plug interesting things so I guess you've twice been interesting this a week ... :o

Anonymous said...

I'm not entirely sure but I do think absynthe is on the list of illegal drugs in Belgium. As far as I know only Switzerland has legalised it again so far.