Friday, November 17, 2006

Just lately ...

It's so surprisingly exciting to have a new cellphone ...

I never bothered with one before leaving New Zealand. If I went out, I preferred not to be found. I walked beaches, drove, did whatever ... there was no need for a phone.

But then Istanbul was whole new life. The phone became a link to the world when lost, not that my little pale orange Nokia was ever entirely reliable.

Remzi Bey had taken me across the bridge and into Sirinevler to buy it, the cheapest new one we could find.

I've finally buried it and now there's this pretty little Sony Ericsson that actually works like a real one. We even managed to change over to BASE and keep the same number. The phone gods were smiling down upon me.

2 comments:

mareymercy said...

Getting new gadgets is disturbingly exciting at times - we just got Tivo. I look forward to coming home just a little bit more now.

Di Mackey said...

Hi Twitches :) You're the second person to mention tivo, so I googled it ... sounds kind of yummy.

Because my Dutch is slow in coming and because they don't have the tv magazine I was used to in NZ, I just kind of take potluck when it comes to viewing tv ... marking it one or two favourite shows along the way but mostly it's luck. Tivo sounds kind of delicious.