Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Neal, Nowhere To Go But Up

Coming in as Point I on Neal's About New Zealand post was: I) Kiwis are nice, almost to a fault. I never saw a kiwi get so much as agitated. Granted, most of the people that I dealt with were in the tourist industry, so it's their job to be nice. Even when I stayed with the locals, they were just really positive and happy.

I guess when you live in paradise, it's hard to find a reason to get annoyed.


He's an American who has been blogging on Nowhere to go but up down in the South Pole for the last year. Who can resist reading a person who writes in little 'about me' piece that I used to just be a nerd, now I'm an action nerd.

Meanwhile, an old friend called Paul has just arrived at the South Pole and doesn't yet realise that regular updates will be expected ...

2 comments:

Neal said...

I didn't expect any kiwis to read my posting and give me a critique. Hopefully what I said wasn't too full of it. I do think New Zealand is paradise and I'm sad that I only got to spend 10 days there, all on the south island.
What does your friend do at south pole? Maybe I ran into him or will when I return.

Di Mackey said...

Lol Neal, I loved what you wrote and was fascinated by the details about toilets. I saw them in a new way.

You were crazy to only have 10 days in the South Island, perhaps when you've rebooted you'll head back down there and spend longer.

Paul sailed in on the ice breaker, Aurora Australis. Hmmm, he wasn't clear on what he's up to once there ... I'll get back to you on that one.