Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Little Bit of Magic ...

You know those magical days when you find things you didn't even know you were looking for ...?

I was filling in time at my favourite secondhand bookshop in the city when I discovered a book I had read once and left back home in New Zealand.

An Italian Affair by Laura Fraser was, as I recall, was a rather delicious escape.

Later I discovered a copy of a movie I loved and also left back home in one of the big plastic boxes filled with my books and video tapes ... Media Markt was selling Fried Green Tomatoes ... delighted I am.

Both were 4euro ...
Today was a good day.

4 comments:

paris parfait said...

That book and that film I recall fondly. And I have the DVD of Fried Green Tomatoes, which I've watched several times - reminds me of growing up in the South.

Di Mackey said...

I haven't read the book yet ... it opens so differently that I've put it back a couple of times.

The movie ... simply delicious.

christina said...

The book is lovely as well, but in a different way from the film. And there are recipes in the back!

Di Mackey said...

Recipes huh ... I've given up cooking mostly, in this land of tempermental and deranged gas ovens :(