Friday, October 20, 2006

The trials of this blogger's life.

I move between terrorities ... here in this land of two desks.

Moving between them in the way I hope to move between countries one day soon.

There are the confusions of two different keyboards ... I stumble over the @ and _, touch-typing on Gert's Belgian keyboard when I'm here at his desk. I suspect it will be like that when I'm wandering again ... the confusions.

I was replying to Pam just before 6am because my night ended at 4.30am for reasons unknown to me. I looked through her photographs from her Seattle and thought 'urgh'.

You see, I'm on the run in these days. I'm am tortured by American friends describing their lives in places beginning with S ... (and see what happens when one wakes up too early ... life is connected and it's all about me).

So Pam's back in her other world, moving between her terrorities of Austria and Seattle.

Tara is studying Spanish in Seville and some her posts simply destroy me, and I flee as only a blogger can ... closing her site with a rush and no comment.

And then there's Erin , making her life in Salamanca ... her descriptions of autumn and daily life there are envy-making in the extreme.

I told you I won Ariana Huffington's book On Becoming Fearless and I found this delicious little piece in it by Marja Adriance, on why it can be great to be on your own.

I won't list them all but this one seemed just about perfect, applicable whether I'm partnered or alone. It reads: Because I fall in love every day with my amazing friends, none of whom are hanging out with me only because I'm having sex with them.

No comments: