Friday, October 20, 2006

Knight Brothers 21st Century News Challenge

Amy Gahran at Poynter Online writes: I love it when my e-mail inbox yields hope first thing in the morning.

Today it brought me an announcement of the Knight Brothers 21st Century News Challenge -- a new program that will award $5 million in grants in 2007 to "new ideas, pilot projects, commercial products and leadership initiatives that will improve the flow of information and news in the public interest."


What's got me jazzed is that this program is open to anyone -- individuals, organizations, or businesses. Of course, news organizations are welcome to enter -- but I'll bet that many of the best ideas will come from people who never had anything to do with the "news business."

The categories are deliberately vague, to foster creativity:
You can read more here .

No comments: