Saturday, October 07, 2006

A day spent with the horses and their people

I am slightly destroyed as I write this ...

We were meant to get up about 7.30am and we woke at 9.15am.

This was a disaster of epic proportions but without loss of life, limb or home.

Epic as in phone calls apologising in advance for unavoidable lateness. So frustrating because I wake to the alarm clock at 6.30am every day of the week with no place that I have to be.

Today was about horses and standing in the cold. I was trying to work out how to capture horses in action and learning that my fingers will go numb if I'm out in the cold for 3 hours.

But it was about Belgians too ... the horsey ones who invite me into their world and who forgive me for following their every move with my camera.

Now I need to sort through the images, work out which ones succeeded, then downsize and load them onto a site where they can be viewed by the subjects

It was a good day out though ...

3 comments:

Belle said...

The dreaded over-sleep.......making us look like we don't want to be.

The pictures are always so wonderful. I enjoy your posting.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, you poor thing!! How awful.. i always worry about missing the alarm .. so much so that I don't sleep well.

Your pictures have reached a new high!! They are just amazing!! Wow!!
And your free book is just what you need and will be on its way on Monday..I enjoyed it,, so thank you! ML

Di Mackey said...

Lol, exactly belle.

Your art is stunning so I'm delighted you enjoy mine. Thank you.

Hi ML, I've stopped to comment for a moment but I've been absent from skype for days. Things settle down a little tomorrow, I hope we can catch up.

Thanks for sending the book on, I'm glad you enjoyed it. xx