Thursday, January 31, 2008

Truth.

What is your truth? Ask your heart, your back, your bones and your dreams. Listen to that truth with your whole body. Understand that this truth will destroy no one and that you're too old to be sent to your room. Move into your truth as though it were an old house. Walk through each room. See, hear, and feel what it is to live there. Try to love what you find, and remember the words that come to you as you explore. If you embrace it, if you are faithful to it, your truth will reward you with unimaginable freedom and intimacy with yourself and others. You won't land in a world made to order; some people in your life may not like what you write. But those who remain will be allies, people who breathe deeply and listen. It will feel good to be seen completely and loved as you are.
John Lee, Writing from the Body

Found over on Gypsy Girl's Guide.

6 comments:

Mark J said...

Thanks for posting this Di. Good advice indeed :)

Di Mackey said...

I thought you might like it. I've been getting back to you but have had fraught couple of days. I'll be back :)

Miss Kim said...

Oh my... I love that.

Di Mackey said...

I'm glad you did, traveller one :) It appealed to me too.

Alessandra Cave said...

;-) it feels good to share and connect.

Di Mackey said...

Glad to have found you out in the blogworld, Alex.