Friday, January 11, 2008

A little more on Sir Ed

New Zealand television on Sir Edmund Hillary's death.

The news breaking back home ...

I didn't realise how sad it would make me and so many other kiwis. Tribute books can be found in NZ Embassies the world around.


Ash said...

Hi Di
The 6pm News last night had a full 30mins devoted to Sir Ed. - Very touching! (although it did seem like nothing else in news had happened that day).
Will try and find a quiet second this weekend to sit down and type you an email!

Inge said...

My Kiwi bloke hardly ever gets misty-eyed but while we were watching the 6pm News on Sir Ed yesterday, he had to wipe away a tear. I had a lump in my throat as well and I'm not even a Kiwi. It's a great loss for all New Zealanders, like part of your national identity has died with him.

Di Mackey said...

Hi Ash ... I guess it feels like that for us kiwis, nothing else did happen as compared to losing to our living kiwi legend. Looking forward to hearing from you ;)

I got misty-eyed too Inge. He's been around forever and I'm not sure we have anyone else of his stature at the moment.