Thursday, January 17, 2008

Jonathan Coulton, Re Your Brains

I just had youtube playing in my ears, courtesy of my daughter ...

It amused me enough to go wandering for more information. The write up led me to Jonathan Coulton's site.

Jonathan Coulton is a singer/songwriter who releases his songs via the Creative Commons license, which enables projects such as this video. Through his "Thing A Week" podcast, Jonathan has put out a clever, creative song like this one every week for a year.

Please visit Spiffworld for more information about my videos, including info about how I make them.

The song at the end of the video is "Mandelbrot Set", another great Jonathan Coulton song.

2 comments:

furiousBall said...

I dig the tunes (I've heard of him before, can't remember where) and I really dig his concept of releasing CC music.

Di Mackey said...

I got lost in his blog for a while ... interesting man, nice voice and lyrics that were making me think 'Did he really just say that?!'