Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Michele Hewitson, Journalist

I removed my whining post from this morning ...

Sometimes it is simply that it's crap to have to clean the 'office' before you can get on with working in the 'office', especially when it has been messed up by the other 5 you share the apartment with.

I'm trying to work my sense of outrage into my argument about why I need a dog. I still sometimes hear the scrabbling of Sandie-dog's paws on the foor when I scrape a plate and imagine what she would do with Miss 3's under-the-table-dispersal of food stuff.

So ... posting of far more interesting things. A writing goddess actually.

I was lucky enough to play freelance photographer to New Zealand journalist, Michele Hewitson last year, and since then I've become a huge fan of her delightful style of interview.

I found an article that really gives you a glimpse of who she is and how she affects interviewees. It's titled A year of interviewing - you can't make these things up.

I'd like to be Michele Hewitson when I grow up.

4 comments:

furiousBall said...

Fascinating stuff, I've always thought Branson was a toy short of a happy meal.

I wouldn't mind being Michele when I grow up too. I might have to recant my boyhood wish of either being a fire truck or giant robot man now.

hmmm

Di Mackey said...

Wise man ... she's superb. One of my friends decided she would be his ideal woman.

Veronica said...

I'm sorry I missed the whiney post because I like whiney posts. They make me feel so much better about my own dissatisfactions.

A toast to the Sisterhood of the Traveling Whinos!

Di Mackey said...

Toast accepted :)