Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm Luke, I'm 5 ...

It's been too long since I posted a link to one of my favourite songs.

The JCB Song by Nizlopi is simply the cutest song in the world. Give it a little time to start and I'm not sure if it's still possible but the story of the song is inspiring.

It begins: Being dyslexic in the early 80's (oh the irony - give people who can't spell a word that nobody can spell). Luke's school days weren't always easy. Indeed he was victimised at school, not just by the bullies but by the school itself - so when he sings of "all the bullies, the teachers and their pets ..." he knows what he's talking about and this very much comes from the heart.

There were school days when Luke's Dad decided he needed some 'compassionate leave' and would take him to work, where the 5 year old would ride proudly on the toolbox of the old JBC and cook up vivid imaginings ...


Thanks to Pam who introduced it to me so long ago.

2 comments:

furiousBall said...

this is sweet, thanks for sharing

Di Mackey said...

I thought you might like ... well actually, you kids. It's cute and somehow found its way onto my ipod thingy.