Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Reading Bender and Some New Zealand Lamb

I'm about to resurrect the reading part of my life and picked up a delicious pile of travel-type books today.

Christina Lamb is an author I'm in pursuit of these days. I wrote of her recently, having discovered her during that first attempt on Benazir Bhutto's life back in October.

The city library here in Antwerpen has a rather decent English literature section but I found The Sewing Circles of Herat hidden amongst the travel books that are mainly in Dutch.

I caught me a bear on the way home ...

In the supermarket, wondering what to cook for dinner when I found a big chunk of New Zealand lamb with 50% off because it had to be cooked today. I was the cook who could do that, and found 2 big kumara to go with the rest.

Life is good ... frustrating sometimes but good.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I caught me a bear on the way home ..."

Either you're talking about a teddy bear or you're seeing things.

Bears in Antwerp. She must be pulling my leg.

Di Mackey said...

It was better than bear but the equivalent of a bear in New Zealand ...

As if I would pull your leg ;)

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what you're talking about. Did you mean beer? Or are you talking Kiwi talk no one understands except Kiwis?

Di Mackey said...

Dutch = Beer, Manic.

I was talking imaginary hillbilly talk, from an undefined country, just before you go making more trouble lol.

Hmmm Beer in English is bier in Dutch, isn't it and Beer in Dutch is Bear in English. Okay. Enough.

furiousBall said...

I've been meaning to ask, are you on goodreads? Thanks again for the recommendation for Touching the Void

Anonymous said...

Me? Cause trouble? Never! :P

Di Mackey said...

No, I haven't heard of goodreads but I have Library Thing on my blog and I've listed my favourite and almost favourite books there, furiousball.

Uh huh Manic ;)

Anonymous said...

Did you have bear and lamb kebabs? Did the bear fight with the lamb in your stomach?

Did you wash it down with beer?