Monday, June 04, 2007

A small moment here in my world

HUG GRANMA, HUG!! accompanied the sound of little bare feet running towards me.

I quickly stopped typing here.

There was the scramble of a denim and pink t-shirt-clad creature climbing up onto my lap and then wet dribbly kisses all over my face.

'I wuv you, I wuv you!' I was told, then she laughed as she noticed that her chin dribbles had wet my face.

'I wuv you too' I replied and planted some less dribbly kisses on her face. Satisfied she was loved, she climbed down from my lap and went back to her red chair and the cartoons in Dutch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that adorable? And wow she can make sentences with three words, that's awesome :) We had to learn about motherese, she's well on her way to be an eloquent speaker of English, wonder if her Dutch will outgrow yours :P

Di Mackey said...

Oh her 'JA' is perfect. It's hilarious to watch her listening seriously and 'Ja-ing' all the way through.

She says 'wablief?' when she wants adults to fall over laughing. She was going through a 'what? what? what?' stage and I guided her into wablief ... very hilarious.

JP (mom) said...

So incredibly adorable. These types of small moments are some of the greatest in our lives. Much peace, JP

Di Mackey said...

Thanks Deborah ... I wandered on over to your blog and appreciated your comment even more than I had on my first reading of it.

All the very best with things over in your world. I read for a while and felt for you. Take care. Di