Friday, June 01, 2007

Er Hmmm

So ... plans for the exhibition on language had morphed since I handed over my photo series.

I found just one small version of my photographs on the rather superb series of wooden language displays that lined the wall of the building and the tv interview was playing ... but that was all of me.

I do wish I'd been told but I was lucky and caught Gert before he left from his job at the kabinet office in the city ... 10 days till his boss stands for reelection to parliament, so chaos is the order of his days spent in the city at the moment.

No matter, I'll publish 9 of the language series of images on my photography website over the weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Di...

Loving the blog and the photo's!!!

Glad you have pulled yourself out of the expat gloom... we all have that you know... grass is always greener when you want to look over that fence and make everything on your side browner!!!

No major news from my side at all... being a friday I am on my chardonnay and cruising the web for a bit.

Have a great weekend my friend! Mich x

Anonymous said...

PS... I want Sarma when we come and visit!!!!

LOL. (not really kidding!)

Di Mackey said...

Hey Mitch, thanks. A chardonnay wouldn't go astray tonight actually.

You have a good weekend too and sure, Sarma when you get here ... just give me a couple of days to organise it all :)

Anonymous said...

I know how you hustled to get those photos done during a time you were so busy. Sorry they didn't get the audience they deserved...

Di Mackey said...

Thanks v-grrrl, I guess the experience of taking the photos was something to treasure and I'll find ways to use them.

But mmmm, wish I hadn't listened to the original plans for them ... I was a little bit stunned when I walked in there Friday ...