Saturday, June 30, 2007

Alexandra Boulat, Photographer

I was intrigued by the work and words of Alexandra Boulat and saddened because I only discovered her because she is undergoing treatment for a uptured brain aneurysm.

She said, Being a photographer is more exciting than being a painter because you get to see the world and you get to meet different people. And I can see life as it is. I can see history as it grows, as it proceeds, and I find it very, very interesting and very exciting to be there when things are changing.

There is more on her at CBC's Beyond Words .

2 comments:

Kay Cooke said...

Photography elevates us ... as does a blog like this. You have an amazing energy - I like to think it's pure kiwi - and it comes through your words and your photography. Are you following the America's Cup - getting rather exciting isn't it?

Di Mackey said...

Chiefbiscuit, thank you ... I was a little bit down when I read your comment and what could I do but smile.

The America's Cup ... wish I was home for it, the atmosphere is so much better there when it comes to finals like this.