Friday, February 03, 2006

Kitchen Appliances


Odd things are happening in my blog comment box ... kitchen appliances seem to be making a general application to have their names recognised and respected ... or at least I think that's the idea behind Ralf the dishwasher and Steve the tumble-dryer's appearances.

Mmmmmm, I had to examine my conscience and there I discovered that I've been predisposed to discriminate against all appliances dedicated to the long dark night of my soul ... as in when I was a proper housewife.

My confession goes further ... I have never cared enough about any 'appliance' to name it. Clearly Steve and Ralf may find this emotionally damaging however that was my truth and having evolved over time, I think I can offer them my sincere apologies for being careless in implying madness on the part of their owner/operator and offer them full partcipation rights in Comment.

Appliances have rights too ...

6 comments:

Di Mackey said...

Bizarre thing ... I can read that comments are being posted here, as they appear in my Yahoo inbox however, I can't see them on my blogsite. There have been 3 posted so far ... anyone know what's going on with the 'invisible' comments?

christina said...

I think Blogger was broken for a bit today. Same thing happened on my blog. I cleared my cache and re-published my post and then things were all right.

Sal DeTraglia said...

I was wondering the same thing. I could've sworn that I left one here this morning.

But then again, I distinctly remember being married to Audrey Hepburn at one time.

Sal

Di Mackey said...

Audrey ... so you're THAT old??

Alison said...

The only appliance I've named is my Vacuum. He is wonderful and I call him Sucky. You can read about him here:

Alison said...

Starting to think maybe I've neglected my other household items by not naming them. After all, I did name all of my cars, except the current one because it's a rental. Hrm, what to call a crappy rented Ford Mondeo wagon full of St. Bernard hair?