Saturday, February 11, 2006

A Day

We have Gert's children for a few days and so it goes that life slips gears as we adjust to living our lives around an 8 and a 10 year old. Breakfast is accompanied by television cartoons, dishes are done and the apartment is cleaned much more seriously somehow ...

There was the shopping and lunch with the incredibly grouchy 10 year old girl.

I put a new colour through my hair ... 'a change is as good as a holiday'. A lie, I would have preferred the holiday ... somewhere warm, with a sea and a mountain hmmm good air, a pile of books, some music and a comfortable bed.

I roasted a chicken stuffed full of herb bread without burning my hand ... put washing out on the new washing line, and avoided the study of Nederlands - arguing that my fluency could create more problems than Gert thinks it will solve.

And I read and I wrote in the spaces between everything.

Not such a bad day...

No comments: