Friday, October 17, 2008

Italy is everything and more ...

Paola woke me at 4.45am Brussels-time I think ... the memory is vague at this other end of the day.

The taxi took us to the airport and the plane had us in Milan by 8.30am - a fast flight. Paola explained it, suggesting that 'traffic' was lighter at that time of the day, making us both laugh some.

She's driving our little bright bright yellow Fiat, the one that Hertz gave us. It's the latest model and you can't help but smile when you see it.

Genova is stunning ... better than every place so far maybe.
We have wandered, bookshopped, eaten lunch ... and dinner tonight was the aperitif - so much more food than a tapas snack.

I've been out roaming just now, looking for a corkscrew for that wine that found its way into the apartment while Paola catches up with a friend who just had a baby.

I don't think I'm lost ... I know the internet shop is on a square close to the apartment, it's just a matter of leaving and setting off in the right direction ...

Well yes, it could be that the map is back 'home' on my bed.

It's been a good day so far, just in case you were wondering. I hope yours was too.
Arrivederci!!

4 comments:

furiousBall said...

awesome, have a great time amiga!

The Littons said...

Glad to hear the journey went well. I think we're going to need to see a photo of the two of you with the little yellow car...

paris parfait said...

So glad you arrived safely and are already ensconced in a little slice of heaven, aka well-deserved R&R! xo

Di Mackey said...

Grazie, Van. I hope to and already, 24 hours in Genova and it is a favourite place of mine.

The little yellow Fiat is surely a photo essay Simon. I hope to do it tomorrow. The dashboard is just so incredibly sexy.

Thank you, Tara. I don't know if it's well-deserved but I'm very happy to be here. xo