Wednesday, October 08, 2008

On discrimination

I want to repeat, I have told this because I want to make it very clear to a large number of people that all discrimination - whatever form it takes - is evil and the world can go to pieces because of it. Actually, literally, go to pieces. Discrimination against someone because of his skin color or his ears or his hair, or God knows what - we can all die from that. It only takes one person to say, “He isn’t as good as I am, because he has…” You can fill in the rest.
Janny Bradnes-Brilleslijper, extract from The Last Seven Months of Anne Frank
Thanks to Lydia over at Twice Mice blog.

3 comments:

furiousBall said...

racism, xenophobia, etc... whatever you want to call it is one of the ugliest human inventions

Lydia said...

Thanks for the link. How the Bush government can proclaim that they don't want a second Holocaust, yet condone practises in Guantanamo Bay and Abu Ghraib is beyond me.

Di Mackey said...

It is, isn't it Van.

Lydia, the latest round of dodgy Palin rallies, where Obama is presented as the other, is a tactic I've only really seen used by the neo-Nazis and extreme right here in Europe ...