Monday, October 27, 2008

From the caruggi of Genova


From the caruggi of Genova, originally uploaded by - di.

I looked up while I was wandering the alleyways of Genova's old city today and was stunned by the light ... again.

The light here is beautiful, just in case you didn't know for sure. It's a gift as opposed to being a given.

See how close the ancient buildings are ... they almost close over top of you. Neighbours really are neighbours and yes, I was lost for a while but as is often the case, it was the best way to wander.

4 comments:

furiousBall said...

what an amazing shot! love the angles and the light as you mentioned too

Di Mackey said...

I think the thing about Genova is less about the amazing shot and more about the amazing opportunities to take good shots :) It's beautiful here, Van ... really beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Can jealousy kill a person? Really, I think your time in Italy will kill me. The pictures and the food descriptions make me feel like I am in one of those dreams where you just...can't...reach...the...pizza. My yearning is horrendous.


California

Di Mackey said...

I'm so sorry, California. Should I blog the miserable times too? :) I do have them but left them out here.

There's this cough that harasses me at weird times, like 3am and I don't have the language ummm ... okay, so they're minor. I'll settle for the simple apology for creating a horrendous yearning.