Thursday, September 11, 2008

Today

I'm not feeling so well again today and I've opted to work from home, avoiding the 2 hour commute that, while quite pleasant and so good for reading, would send me to sleep in just a few moments today.

I'll commute tomorrow.

I read through the newspapers, drawn in by a kiwi op-ed piece on the dreadful Sarah Palin and that led me ever inwards through the NY Times and over to Mudflats.com

It wasn't improving the way I was feeling, in fact it left me wanting to crawl back into bed with the blankets pulled over my head.

And so it was, to get back into a creative working mood, I meandered through my links list on the blog. They usually lift me a little and I'm ready to work ... more or less, although my bed is calling quite loudly.

I don't know if this is little Miss Four's flu or a burnout. I'm exhausted though.

As for the photograph on this post: My recent guest made contact with this guy pretending to be part of a working mans sculpture in the city. I took a couple of photographs of their exchange and then suddenly, the actor darted off over the other sculpted workmen he was pretending to be and struck various poses for my camera and I.

Much giggling followed and I had to walk away after a series of 20 or 30 photographs were made.

6 comments:

Lydia said...

"...the dreadful Sarah Palin.."
You came up with the perfect description for how I feel about her! I'll go check out mudflats.com to see what that's about.

Hope you feel so much better soon. :)

Anonymous said...

At least the sun is out :)

Anonymous said...

Did anyone notice that the GOP is leading in the US polls?

Prepare for a Bush clone...

Di Mackey said...

I was trying to write of her and it's all I could come up with, Lydia. I'm going to try and stop reading of it all now ... it's none of my business and it's driving me crazy. I see McCain launched a really nasty anti-Obama ad today and I was stunned. What a waste of time this 'democratic' process is ...

Indeed Manic, although there was a huge thunderstorm here tonight.

Oh Peter, hush. There's nothing more I can say to this horrible turn of events. :(

Jule's Short Story said...

Rest and regroup my friend, you have been working hard after all so deserve to.
I have to confess I haven't followed the US elections this time. I don't have any faith in the lie that is democracy, after all Bush got in last time. Still wondering how that happened.
I find it puzzling that the so called western world would want to impose a system that doesn't work there on others, and are prepared to kill to do so, how democratic!
Sarah Palin, well who could take her seriously. It's one of the ploys used in a democracy, appeal to the masses, the great unwashed.

Di Mackey said...

It's just not like that in NZ politics, is it Julie. Unfortunately I'm compelled to keep reading and following it, try as I might not too. The NY Times is my homepage and I'm loath to change it ... it's my own fault I'm so miserable about the whole thing.