Friday, September 05, 2008

A blogger

There's an interesting new blogger on the block, a rapidly rising star called Mudflats. If you are looking for news out of Alaska, then it's a site to check out.

Mudflats has also published the Anne Kilkenny letter about Sarah Palin.

In the about , the author writes: Mudflats has been a long time coming. Until now it’s been written in my head, where posts repeated themselves incessantly until they were set free and inflicted verbally upon friends, coworkers and my spouse. I think they all must be secretly relieved I have a new outlet. The thing that drove me over the edge, and into the blogosphere? Alaska Representative Don Young and the Republican Party voting against Mother’s Day (See my very first post). So, a nod to my muse, Don Young. Go figure.

I have worked as a promotional writer and editor in the magazine industry, marketing, advertising, and blogging for my business. This is the first time I’m writing from my own perspective without trying to sell something. I like it.

My political background? I am a citizen who is paying attention. I’ve had the good fortune to have had people in my life who were engaged, and aware, and dragged me along until I became engaged and aware too. I am also fortunate to count as my friends some of those who hold elected office in this state, and remind me by example that there are good people out there in our state and city government who are intelligent, diligent, ethical, and working hard for the best interest of Alaska.
It continues ...

Anyway, thanks to Peter for putting me on the trail.

7 comments:

gary rith said...

And somebody SHOULD be telling us the truth about certain VP choices from Alaska....

Di Mackey said...

They should ...

I was nauseated by the Republican ad, not because it was Republican but because it was a like a Disney movie, Bambi or some other block-busting story dreamed up and made shiny for children.

Why does this stuff work???? They would be laughed out of the country if they pulled that back home in New Zealand and/or Europe.

furiousBall said...

this is good stuff Di, with so many turning to the blogosphere this election, it's not so easy to root out the partisan backed blogs from what is pure thought and (hopefully) fact

PEACE said...

Thanks for the tip to the blog. My daughter recently returned from Alaska and about croaked when Palin was picked as the VP choice. She is a dumb-ass! Her words not mine. Totally screwed up the city government when she was mayor. Surely, if Peter can find out where we are all blogging from, certainly these guys can do a little bit of research before chosing a VP candidate.. ya think?

Di Mackey said...

I try to stay on this side of true ... I liked mudflats.

Oh peace, it all seems so very insane out here.

Anonymous said...

My pleasure Di. isn't it amazing how different America at large and most Belgians are looking at that GOP VP spin? It's like a badly written B-movie with cheerleaders along the way to the theater.

I guess that creature would be blown away within 5 minutes in Belgium, although I never forget how the Antwerp electorate voted for a far-right-wing party last year.

By the way: thanks for the great vernissage of your work last night!

We got home safe (though slightly drunk), although I almost had to carry Hans and I'm facing all these very high ISO shots with an amazing amount of image noise at very low speed. I'll get you a CD but I'm convinced the 'official' photographer had some more appropriate equipment.

See you later!

Di Mackey said...

Sorry Peter, I missed replying to this one. My only excuse is that I ended up working quite a lot of the weekend.

I'm looking forward to seeing the photographs anyway, Peter. I love your way of 'seeing'. xo