Saturday, September 06, 2008

Deadlyjelly, Blogger Extraordinaire

I discovered Niamh over at Deadlyjelly and became a 'pleaseblogeverydayNiamh' fan of her writing.

She is an Irish writer chick, living with her kiwi bloke down in New Zealand and she writes show-stoppingly hilarious blog posts that I halt family life for and read aloud.

She is that good, in my humble opinion!

I actually 'met her' via Mark, a favourite old friend from New Zealand, and sometimes we all meet up in her comment box, often to mock Mark at the moment because he posted a photograph of me when I was a teenager ...

Niamh has 16 comments on this post and Mark was feeling a little envious of the tally. It occurred to me, in honour of my friendship with Mark, that I might ask my blog readers to pop over and add to the comment tally on that post (and you'll probably want to comment on her other stuff because she's grand) ... but especially now that I know Niamh's husband sniggered in a derisive way over her excited announcement that she had 15 comments (albeit from 3 people).

Only if you have time and inclination but it seems like a good cause to this kiwi chick.

6 comments:

Harvey Molloy said...

OK Di, just for fun and because it's you...

Di Mackey said...

Harvey, you are a good man :)

Harvey Molloy said...

Wow, that's the fastest response to a comment ever. I wonder what time it is over there...

Di Mackey said...

Is it just?
The fastest reply ever ...

We're 10 hours behind NZ I think - it's 1.06am as I type this reply. I've just been reading round the world about Sarah Palin, feeding a kind of sick terror that she might actually be the next vp of America.

I should go to bed.

Anonymous said...

I wondered why my stats had spiked this morning (I'm still sad enough to check my blogstats, but ONLY ONCE AN HOUR). When I noticed most of the referrals were from womanwandering, I smelled a kiwi. Too funny - can't wait to tell Husband I've made it to FOUR unique commenters.

And it's nearly midday here. Am waiting for Andrew to return with MarkJ. We're hauling his ass out mountain biking; he's tried to wriggle out of it several times now :-D

Di Mackey said...

Hmmm I don't have an evil horned creature to create a smiley face with, Niamh.

I'm so envious of you getting to play bikes and dinners with Mark. He's coming to Europe next year, should be GRAND!