Thursday, September 18, 2008

My yesterday ...

Yesterday I was held prisoner by my computer. It was the day the newsletter went out, launching the new work blog and as is normal, I also had to write it up on the work website.

For 2 hours I battled to find the small piece of html I knew I had missed ... the section that would make the banner photograph on the website appear.

I tried everything.
I deleted the image, added it again.
The harder I looked, the faster I ran out of options.
I started repeating them, desperately.

I took a lunch break about 2pm.
I was caught up by a daytime movie.
I ate some M&Ms.
Nothing helped.

Finally Jessie came over. She tried most of what I had tried then suggested I put the image address thingie in as a url to see where it took me.

It was a road to nowhere.

Yes, that would be me ... the creature who forgot to load the image into the images folder on the live website.

I mailed the newsletter out to our subscribers about 5pm, having started my day around 9am.

A normal working day perhaps but a very long day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's tragic when even M & Ms don't help. : )

furiousBall said...

i'm sorry HTML stuff like this drives me nuts some days.

Di Mackey said...

It was, v-grrl. They were a desperation purchase but by crickey, I was feeling rotten by then.

HTML world is a cruel cruel world on occasion, isn't it Van :)