Saturday, September 13, 2008

Paul, a kiwi musician


lunch with a kiwi george clooney, originally uploaded by - di.

Paul came to stay and delighted us with both his company and his music. Tonight I was working through a portrait series I had taken of him playing the whistle for little Miss Four and found this one that revealed his disconcerting resemblance to the lovely George Clooney.

He left us for Ieper Wednesday morning, then word slipped into my inbox via other sources that Paul had been youtubed playing bagpipe for the classroom of his host's daughter.

It's only a snippet but Thursday night he's rumoured to have played Amazing Grace so very beautifully at the Menen Gate.

I'll hear him tomorrow, commemorations down on Flanders Fields, Martin is picking me about 6.30am.

I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

furiousBall said...

man, we NEVER had bagpipe players in my classroom, lucky kiddos

Di Mackey said...

The bagpipes are big in NZ, as the Scots moved there way back when and the traditions survive to this day.

Paul played at the commemoration ceremony yesterday - superb!