Sunday, September 14, 2008

Before An Event ...

I know which photographs the Embassy need from me today, and the NZ Defence Forces have a have similar list ... thinking of it woke me at 4am and here I am, making breakfast at 5.30am. My alarm's going to ring at 5.45am anyway.

I love photography but before some jobs, I have a little stress.

Gert teased me in Berlin, distracting me as we wandered towards the first of our 2-day full-coverage wedding, talking me through my unconscious signs of stress.

Some I knew, some I had never known.

It comes from knowing that events are often 'one-off' occasions and you're 'it' when it comes to capturing it all in the best possible way.

Once I start working, I'm fine, unless it's the Queen of England. My hands shook that time and I ruined more than a few of my shots with camera shake. So until the camera is there in my hands, it's 4am coffee and a little bit of that shallow breathing thing.

2 comments:

gary rith said...

Wonder why she's scowling there? Misses her dogs probably.

Di Mackey said...

Mmmmm, she left me wondering if sometimes, she doesn't get a little bit bored after all this time and all those ceremonies.