Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Paris !!

I arrived but learnt some things along the way ...

The Thalys travels at 300km/h.
The Thalys has wifi access as it travels through 4 countries.
Thalys lets you explore your wifi options, misleading the more simple among us (aka me) that the wifi is free.

Thalys asks for a credit card payment or tells you to wander along to the restaurant car to purchase some internet time. The cost seemed quite reasonable however I don't have a credit card and I had already had a Mr Bean like experience with setting up in my allocated train seat.

I will only say that I had the good fortune to sit next to a lovely French man who forgave all.

However, the thing you really need to know if you're more energetic than I, or more prepared with your credit card is ... does travelling at 300km/h give you motion sickness if you try to work on your laptop or read.

Mmmm, very important information.

That said, it took just over an hour to travel from Brussels to Paris on the incredibly comfortable Thalys, for 25euro (if you shop earlyish and fit your travel around cheaper fares)

Tara is as lovely as ever and it's so very good to be spending time with her again!

Photos and stories to follow in the days ahead.

6 comments:

Lydia said...

Sounds delightful. Our tickets to Cologne arrived in the mail today. I am looking forward to experiencing Thalys for myself.

furiousBall said...

One day, I'm going to Paris, swear.

Nihal said...

I, too, believe Tara should be amazing Lady. Yes s.v.p. share your photos, as I remain.

Di Mackey said...

I hope you enjoy it Lydia, I'm sure you will. It was just all a bit strange that first time but I'm sure I'll do fine on the way home tomorrow.

You are, Van :) We're expecting you.

Tara is amazing and I'm working on choosing some photographs tonight. Tara distracted me and made me go out to dinner but we're back now.

Anonymous said...

Are you becoming a Parisian? Since you're always there it seems :P

Di Mackey said...

I think I'm more interested in becoming Genovese, Manic ;) but being a Belgian is fine too. Citizenship application goes in in September. Definitely time for a party then ;)