Sunday, March 22, 2009

Clare, in Spiegelzuil


Clare, in Spiegelzuil, originally uploaded by - di.

Clare and I first met in Istanbul, she saved me from that period where my new school 'forgot' to find me an apartment until just before the students arrived for the new year.

She took me in as that creature who slept on the couch. It was one of my happiest periods of time over in Istanbul actually but you can see from the laughter captured in this photograph that she's excellent company.

As for the photograph ... there was this mirror column in the middle of Middelheim open-air stature park here in Antwerpen.

4 comments:

Barbara Butler McCoy said...

If Ms. Clare's expression is a reflection of yours, as I'm sure it must have been, I'm so happy you both had such fun!!!!!

paris parfait said...

She looks really happy - but that mirror bit makes the photo look rather like a "Beam me up, Scotty" image! :) xo

Di Mackey said...

Thank you, Barbara. Clare's just one of those special people who are a pleasure to hang out with. We did have so much fun.

The mirror was extraordinarily interesting in my wee head, Tara. It was the 3rd of 3 interesting mirrors in the park that day :)

Jule's Short Story said...

wow, it is Istanbul Clare. She looks fantastic. Give her my love. I'll always remember her face when we both saw where that yummy white cheese came from. Two vegies seeing the cheese wrapped in a raw cow hide.....eeewwwww!