Thursday, March 26, 2009

Castel Sant'Angelo II, Rome


Castel Sant'Angelo II, Rome, originally uploaded by - di.

I used to sit on the banks with a raft and watch the water roll lazily by. One day I pushed my raft into the shallows of the water and found the water moved swifter than I thought. My raft was actually a boat. Then, after some time, I rowed my little boat into deeper water. There were great storms, mighty winds, tremendous waves, and sometimes I felt so alone. But I have noticed my little rowboat is now a mighty ship manned by my friends and loved ones; and beautiful calm seas, warm sunny days, and nights filled with comfortable dreams always double after a storm. Now, I could never go back and sit on the bank. In fact, I search for deeper water. Such is life when lived.
B.D. Gulledge

Thank you, Raquel.

4 comments:

paris parfait said...

An inspiring quote to accompany your beautiful photo. xo

furiousBall said...

what an amazing shot! those dramatic clouds steal nothing from the beautiful architecture.

Jule's Short Story said...

Wow, that light and aspect. An inspiring view of the Castel.
Love the quote, so true.

Di Mackey said...

Merci, Tara. I have fallen back into quotes as life became a little unmanageable.

It's Rome, Van. She just kind of litters your path with beautiful things. The light was stunning and I was pleased to find this new angle on an old favourite.

Not bad, eh Julie. Next time I'll show you where I found it. I had coffee at our old haunt there - it was as good as ever.