Monday, April 07, 2008

Today ...

Today began with the insanity that is everyone going in different directions at the same time and then a sudden peace.

My first day alone in a very long time.

Breakfast, painkillers and a clearing of my horrendously buried desk.

A list began, needing more in-trays and a bulletin board.

Some work done on photo orders and a growing list of dvds full of photographs needing mailed.

Every now and again, raising my head to the peace of an empty apartment.

A new letterhead to complete and a business card to alter just a little more before sending to work.

A newsletter to email to the mailing list of over 1000.

A little planning and preparation for the Tibetan Temple visit on Wednesday, a note to remember to find my swimsuit for a day out with Lut on Friday ... work Thursday.

Re-arranging and making space for a photo-shoot that had to be cancelled because of this cough that continues ... 2 weeks seems to be about usual with bronchial things since my mum died.

I have 2 novel ideas begun on my desktop, nagging me from their points of beginning and an idea for a book of interviews that could be both timely and cathartic.

Today is an attempt to pull all of these aspects of my life into some kind of manageable framework ... without the PA that I need to organise me.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, you still looking for your PA, ay? Seems like a fun week this week for you. Enjoy!

Di Mackey said...

I am, Manic ... sigh, but they all want paid. What's that about?

The week seems a bit daunting at the moment, my cough is threatening to be star attraction.

Anonymous said...

Nasty bronchitis Di? Hope you aren't one of us smokers.

Get well soon.

Alex

Di Mackey said...

Thanks Alex but no, I tried and tried to smoke when I was a teenager and never succeeded.

My colds started to turn to bronchitis and pharyngitis after mum died in 99, I don't know if it was a coincidence but now the cough lingers awhile.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen a doc about this tendency you have?

Here in Italy they'd have you on antibiotics in the blink of an eye.

Take care of yourself,

Alex

Di Mackey said...

They were fast with the antibiotics in Istanbul too. Back in NZ my doctor smiled and said 'a fortnight to get well with antibiotics, 2 weeks without' was the new medical discovery.

So I relaxed about how long the cough stays but I guess I should try and be a little more proactive with my health now that we have a kindy kid in the house bringing every germ home.

Anonymous said...

Ah kids and germs. I remember so fondly, not, the dose of chicken pox our wee one passed on to me.

I wait with gritted teeth for the next bug our little chap brings home from school.

Oh, the joys of parenthood, bugs 'n all!

Hang on in there.

Alex

PS Like your doc's attitude to 'biotics - very down to earth.

Italians just about demand antibiotics and our little one has been on the things for longer than I like - to no effect, according to an English relation of ours who is a retired doc - my Italian other half won't have a word of it. Cultural barrier, I guess is what they call it. Hey ho, it's on with life we go.

Anonymous said...

Regarding the PA--I know one who would work for room, board, and parsnips.... : )

Di Mackey said...

That particular PA would be so welcome ... I would be Anne Geddes the Second (but different) in no time at all :)

Anonymous said...

I can confirm V and Di could leave their mark on this town.

Still, with draining the Atlantic not being a feasible option, I'm convinced you will find the time, inner strength and social contacts to get you through this pile of (satisfaction inducing) work.

Di Mackey said...

Lol, we will leave our mark on this town - we 3, next time the V is in town, Peter :)

We realised how good it could be, just as she was leaving. We have to be ready next time she's here. There are rumours of September.