Saturday, April 19, 2008

St Leocollege Photography Competition, Bruges

I was recently asked to be part of a jury in a school photography competition here in Belgium. After the initial selection was made, I received a selection of photographs to place first, second and third in 3 categories.

The eventual winners were aged between 16 and 17 and it was a real pleasure to go through the work of these kids, seeing the talent they have already.

I was wondering, lovely readers, if you would mind popping over to my photography blog and just leaving a comment for the kids to read in the days ahead?

I heard that they really enjoyed the experience and are delighted with the thought that they are having their photography published on a photographer's website. Any input you can offer them would mean the world to them.

I'm off to visit them soon ... to answer some questions, show them some of my work, take some photographs of them, talk of being an immigrant here and a traveler elsewhere then they're going to show me their little city.

Anyway, that's for another day but any comment on their work would be appreciated.

Thanks.

No comments: