Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Meditation Room


Meditation Room, originally uploaded by - di.

It's been a rough week and I'm only in the middle of it however for about 45 minutes today, I had the privilege of spending some time in this room.

It was a place of incredible peace.

There was a hint of the woodsmoke I recall from those days spent in the safety of a happy childhood but sweetly scented.

The silence was so thick, so dense, so peaceful it seeed to caress my skin but without suffocating me. I sat there for ages trying to think of how to describe it.

It was stunning.
It made me think about Buddhism and whether there was a way for me to escape to this room of meditation on a regular basis.

Then it was back to the real world and I was late every where on an impossible schedule. Heading out again soon, just touching base with my 5-minute-meditation room here at the blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buddhism is so inspiring and relaxing. We should all opt to become buddhists. Or maybe not. You are free to chose. :D

Di Mackey said...

Indeed you are ...

Anonymous said...

Can one be a bit of a Buddhist? K has read many books on Buddhism and has a Buddhist soul, even if he doesn't formally practice...

Ditto Granola-grrrl

Anonymous said...

Amazing shots from a place that makes one forget the neverending noise of Antwerp.

I wonder Di, is it hard to get inside? I assume they're not really open to the public - I can already imagine busloads of tourists messing with that incredible silence.

I'm an Antwerp native but had no idea this place existed (whoops ;-)

Mark J said...

Hmmmmm.. looks like a bunch of pies on dinner trays..... hmmm piiiiiiie :)

Di Mackey said...

Perhaps one can be, v-grrrl. I loved that room so much!

That was the stunning thing, Peter. I couldn't hear anything outside and I guess Schoten is far enough away from motorways and mayhem.

We should find out how difficult it is to wander in over there. I would love to go regularly. I'll try and ask the guy who organised it - remind me when we meet next week. I need nagged some, as life has been crazy this week :)

Mark ... that was mean! As you know, Jimmys pies are the food most missed by Jessie and I over here ... the other night I was out in the city with a kiwi, drinking and eating and things and imagine, she said 'What I wouldn't give for a pie about now'.

Sigh ... piessssssssssssss.