Saturday, April 26, 2008

Things I haven't had time to write about ...

Haven't had time, possibly because once the wandering was done for the week, I spent this afternoon asleep in the sun here ...

I was asked to supply photographs for articles in a New York magazine called Lilith and for Flanders Today here in Belgium. At this point I'm not sure what they used but there was something purely delicious about sending photographs off to a magazine on West 57th Street.

And news of me and my school visit was published in Het Laatse Nieuws donderdag 24 April issue. Filip gave me a photocopy of the article at last night's reception.

I was disappointed to see that, once again, the photographer had failed to capture my uncanny resemblance to Sandra Bullock ...

There's talk of a photo exhibition out on Flanders Field once the town hall has moved into the new building in one of my favourite villages out there. It's possibly more exciting than the one I have in the city in September, simply because I love being out in West Flanders ... even if their dialect is outside of my nederlands ability.

Okay, I think that's all.
There's dry washing calling my name out on the balcony ...

4 comments:

furiousBall said...

you're way hotter than Sandra Bullock.

Di Mackey said...

well actually, no ... but your comment did make me giggle.

i thought, 'that van, he's mocking me' ;)

Anonymous said...

Sandra Bullock should be happy she resembles you. Without those stunning looks, she'd be nothing. Nothing.

West-Flemish is out of everyone's nederlands capabilities, trust me :D

Di Mackey said...

Bedankt Manic, that was kind :) I was kidding, I could never look like her but it's my way of explaining why I don't like my photograph being taken.

And you know, I think those West-Flem speakers take a certain pride in not being understood easily. They giggle when they do it to me.