Friday, October 12, 2007

Nooit Gedacht, a B&B in Ieper

If you had peeked into our lives Friday night, you would have have seen two exhausted people quietly recovering from busy days, complicated by the flu that we're fighting and added to by Gert's fall in a dark cemetery at 6am on a dark Belgian morning.

However we had the luck to be staying in the most nurturing, cosy B&B that I've ever known.

Our host was the one who greeted us at 5.15am as we left for the dawn ceremony ... not wanting us to drink coffee that had stewed overnight in a thermos and he made sure we had everything before we set out for Tyne Cot Cemetery.

And on Wednesday, when we they realised that we needed to move many photographs from my laptop to their computer to email them ... they looked into their wifi setup, called in the computer guy and made sure I had access to wifi.

The beds had white ironed lace sheets, the room were so very clean yet cosy and the breakfasts were lovely and as endless as you want them to be.

If you're looking for somewhere to stay in Ieper (Ypres in French) then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Eddie and Erna's Nooit Gedacht at Ligywijk 129. Phone: 0032(0)57208400

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's quite a coincidence. I live in the Ligywijk!

Di Mackey said...

It's a very small world but what a lovely place you live! I guess you know the B&B too?

I was impressed by that area of Ieper, the park in the middle of the cluster of houses reminded me of places back home.