Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Australia's citizenship test ...

Seems that Johny's not giving any other colonisers the opportunity to come in a colonise Australia ...

His relatives did it, they know how to get round these things.

Now ... drum roll please, (to be read in a gameshow host's voice) there is a citizenship test.

The test that lets people know whether or not you have what it takes to live in Australia ...

WILL YOU FIT IN??
?

Well actually, you can test yourself here or, like me, you could alter the questions and apply them to your country of birth, just to see if you're clever enough to remain as a citizen in the country you happened to be born in ... as in New Zealand, due to my ancestors deciding to laugh in the face of 'countries belong to the people born in them'.

While mocking this extraordinarily stupid time-wasting piece of rubbish, I passed - 5/5. Gert almost fell over laughing but it was only that I had pretended I was a rightwing party member and answered accordingly.
Voila!

I will never be able to comprehend how a test like this can be taken seriously by living breathing intelligent adults ...

Ahhh but then there's kataroma! . She made up her own Aussie citizenship test. See what you make of it.

Thanks Kataroma.

5 comments:

christina said...

I got 4 out of 5 and will apply for my visa in the morning. :-) I only knew the wattle one because of Monty Python though, so I'm not quite sure Australia would really want me!

Di Mackey said...

Smiled I did, when I read you.

Anonymous said...

Damn three out of five :( but who wants to live in the land of spiders when the land of non-flying birds is just around the corner, sort of speak :d

Mark J said...

Struth - maaattte -Got five out of five Di - true dinks. Fair suck of the sav, I'd make a right dinkum Aussie, if I could only bring myself to say dants instead of dance, and seeeeeeks instead of six. Of course I wont, so - so much for that. Will instead continue to murder the english language in a completely NZ way - ok wif you bro? :)

Di Mackey said...

Precisely, you would much rather live in NZ, eh Manic.

Unfortunately the men with little minds in windowless offices may have have messed around with our immigration policies too.

Colonisers do that I'm thinking, move in, take over a country then change the constructions called rules so it can never happen again ...

I think we're 'that close' to being Australians, Mark. I can play with the Aussie accent, and gave some Aussies a wee turn in the bar at the peace village. I was thanking the barmaid and came out with some beautifully thick Australianese. The two Aussies heads nearly spun off their shoulders. They were impressed.

Been in Auckland a while eh Mark?