Saturday, October 20, 2007

An afternoon at the Mosque, Antwerp

I popped in at an open door day at the mosque today.
Opendeurdag moskee if we're talking Nederlands.

I imagined I was going for an hour at most. A few photographs were needed for the cultural guidebook I'm working on, one good photograph was all that was needed really ... 3 hours later and over 100 photographs, good food, lovely people and we were saying goodbye, with plans to meet again soon.

It was the most interesting thing I had done since those days out on Flanders Fields.

I was even allowed to quietly attend the afternoon prayers and sat in the back, grateful to those who allowed it.

I have some beautiful photographs but have to wait for permissions to post.

Tomorrow I'm visiting an African community, after a few hours of catching up with Lut before she flies out to Turkey.

I hope your day was a good one.
Tot ziens.

No comments: