Friday, October 05, 2007

From the media area, October 4th


Reuters, originally uploaded by - di.

Yesterday began at 6.30am and ended at midnight.

I attended 4 commemorations on Flanders Fields as a contracted photographer, followed the Prime Minister of New Zealand both at those events and on a small tour of the area, sat on the chateau steps outside a packed tent at the free concert Hayley Westenra gave in the grounds of the Passchendaele Museum in Zonnebeke, then sat up till midnight, sorting and sending the images with Gert.

The previous day I had been photographer for the British Army magazine on an interview with singer Hayley Westenra.

It's been a surreal few days ... so far.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how great is this. You guys have a female prime minister, did you see that? :D
Soon you will have your own book.

Mark J said...

What was Hayley Westenra like?
And more importantly - does she have an older sister?

These are important questions Di - very very important questions :)

Anonymous said...

yes and the female PM is wonderful! Di, I am soooo proud of you!! looked at all the stuff I could find yesterday on the internet about the event! Wow .. YOu are fantastic ... and so was the program. Could picture so much of it from the places we saw last year. Good luck with the rest of the work.. and Hayley!!!Wow!!

Anonymous said...

Well Manic, I knew Di back when she was photographing children in parks....

Anonymous said...

When you're queuing up with a Reuters crew, you've become 'one of the boys ;-)

An A+ Di.

Di Mackey said...

We've had female prime ministers for years manictastic - look up Jenny Shipley. It's why NZ runs so well ...

Mark, I feel sullied by your questions ;) How could you expect me to answer those questions. Tsk tsk tsk.

I'm sure our prime minister would enjoy your support of her ML, specially with your background :)

Thanks for your luck wishing too.

Well v-grrrl ... Gert and I burst into raucous laughter on reading your comment.

Dank u wel Peter. I couldn't resist the photograph and I was cosy-ed up next to our very own TV One news team from New Zealand.

Mlle said...

Can't wait to hear about it all in detail...

Ash said...

I got home late last night and was watching the late news. When the clip of the PM's trip come on. I raced to hit record on my video player in the hope that you may have been on the other side of a camera for once and we would see you! - no luck this time :(
We will keep an eye out for the next event! We are very proud of everything you have done!
Keep up the awesome work!

Mark J said...

I've voting for a Hayley pic.

Any chance of an interview Di? :)