Thursday, September 21, 2006

Welcome to a 'feeling sorry for myself' kind of day in the life of an immigrant to Belgium

I think part of my distaste for blogging the highs and lows of my life is that the lows embarass me.

There is this anger that engulfs me when 'yet another' bureaucratic bungle affects my life in ways that those bungling can't imagine and I don't like wasting my time with the anger.

I love people and travelling, photography, good books, nice wine, music and working. Yes really, I love working, and earning money is of great interest to me.

Meeting and falling in love with a Belgian has adversely many aspects of my life ...

So this morning is an incredibly low day which may improve as the hours pass.

I didn't come to Belgium to find a way enter Europe.
Europe wasn't a dream of mine.
I simply met this guy who lives here and has kids we can't take away from their mother ... why Belgium would make things so impossible ... some days completely untenable, for a New Zealander who clearly has other places to be, is beyond me.

No comments: