Monday, September 11, 2006

Peter Moore,Writer

I've written about Peter more than once here, just because I'm a big fan of his travel books and I think that everyone should read his book 'The Wrong Way Home' and that's just to start with ...

I just wandered over to catch up on his blog and discovered he had written a really nice post about Steve Irwin .

Nice because he talks of how Steve was viewed by those people who worked with him ... My dad is not an emotional man but he is devastated. He said it was like a terrorist bomb had gone off at the zoo. Everyone is crying and the media are camped out front getting ‘reaction’ from staff as they leave.

Dad liked Steve Irwin. He doesn’t like poseurs but with Steve he said that what you saw was what you got. He was exactly the same in real life as he was on television.

No comments: