Monday, September 04, 2006

A little of this, a little of that

It's been a busy weekend ...

Friday night, and I've already written of the Marlene Dietrich play we saw at Fakkelteater in Antwerpen.

Saturday and I was out the door by 9am, walking 6kms while trying to capture the reality of 'attack dog games'. I did a few dog and owner 'portraits' out in the field afterwards ... just for fun, and met some really interesting Belgians.

I had no idea the sport existed and was fascinated by those who participated ... expecting only police dog owners, I discovered there were many everyday people who owned dogs who lived with cats at home. The attack aspect is limited to 'exercises' and the successful attack dog is one who stops attacking on command.

Sunday and we were out at 8.45am, there was this breakfast meeting. More interesting people and I was seated next to a newspaper photographer ... and so we talked, as you do.

He has a website and has been using digital cameras for 6 years ... beginning back in the days when the cameras were the price of a small car.

Lunchtime found us driving to Feluy - past Brussels, it's about 100kms from Antwerpen. Carine and Rudy are Belgians who recently bought a home back in New Zealand and they were having one last bbq.

Of course, there were all kinds of interesting people, many French speakers although being Belgian they were multi-lingual and English was there on the list of languages they spoke.

Today I'm off to Brussels and tomorrow I have my first appointment with Hakan, my new business adviser. It's a little busy just at the moment.

Tot ziens.

No comments: