Thursday, May 11, 2006

Flat Stephanie In Belgium

I thought I would share my current project with you.

I have a guest; the Flat Stephanie who arrived in the mail yesterday and I've been asked if I might show her around Antwerp, introducing her to Belgian society where ever possible.

So we've booked Flat Steph in at a local primary school where two Belgian classes will meet her. All kinds of other plans are being hatched by the hour.

Anyway, embracing the blogsphere I asked if I might create a blog as opposed to sending a parcel at the end of her visit ...

The school has said sure, so here's the new Flat Stephanie in Belgium blog for the third grade children over in American.

(Note: this is what happens when one reads Sal DTragia's Virtual Tapas Bar blog. )

4 comments:

Sal DeTraglia said...

See. I told you this Flat stuff was addictive. Definitely more fun than completing meme's, eh?

Your efforts may inspire an entire classroom of American kids to become Ambassadors to the EU when they grow up.

Or Trappist monks.

Di Mackey said...

You're right... it's fun thinking up what to show them and how to show them.

Trappist monks seems like a more soul-satisfying occupation ... specially if you're boss of the brewery.

Cindy Lane said...

Maybe your Flat Stephanie could meet my Flat Stanley! I've had FS for an entire school year (from New Horizons Elementary School in West Palm Beach, FL) and it has been a lot of fun. We have taken him to 3 continents, 9 countries and 8 states in the US. Along the way, he has lost a leg, broken an arm, has been washed and dried and, now, is frozen somewhere in the Ice Hotel in Sweden! (Good thing we cloned him before the trip. It will be FS, Jr. that returns to the US this month!) Enjoy!

Di Mackey said...

Sounds like a good plan Cindy ... I imagine the kids would love it.

I did laugh when I read how your boy is doing ... frozen and cloned, my class will get jealous.