Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wandering tomorrow

So I've packed my little cabin bag-ette on wheels with everything because its 'the' bag for Barcelona.

That would be the little bag that usually just carries my camera gear, laptop and equipment ... and yes, they are still going with me.

It's littler than 55 by 40 by 20cms and it slips in under the limit for RyanAir's cabin baggage requirements.

So Barcelona will see 2 pair of Di's black jeans, her red shirt, the green shirt. I'll wear the jacket, the scarf, the 1 pair of shoes ... it should be fine. I'm a New Zealander and therefore I am quite unwilling to write of my undergarments, although getting through customs is best done when wearing the white bra (under everything of course). The black one always sets off alarms, in much the same way that the safety pin that held up my favourite black jeans as they were coming to the end of their natural life, set off the alarms.

I hope to do postcards but I am collecting an unfortunate series of international Post Office experiences ... if you get one well, it's more about bizarre luck than anything else in these days of wandering in countries where I don't speak the language.

Hasta la vista!

6 comments:

Odessa said...

oh, you're going to Barcelona! i'm so jealous. i've always wanted to go there. :)

Anonymous said...

Wants a post card :D Yours from Italy arrived I don't know when, but ity arrived before you were back in Belgium. OH and thank you for the card, it was lovely.

furiousBall said...

have a safe and fun trip amiga

Di Mackey said...

I'll let you know how it goes, Odessa. I've just landed and how better to orientate oneself in a new place than by curling up on the guesthouse bed with the laptop.

I'll try manic ... I'll try :) And I thought everyone needed a little slice of Boccadasse, unfortunately I didn't manage to send them to everyone. I was still do interviews on the morning I left ...

I hope so Van. I've had lit marvels pointed out to me, I can see them from my bedroom window here and then there's the supermarket. Let's see how that goes, it's nighttime here and it feels very big city after a day of traveling to get here.

Anonymous said...

An alarming black bra! You knew I'd comment on it. I told you not to buy that one with the conical cups and concentric circles of metal studs! Then you insisted Gert would LOVE it...so I let you...You kiwis. One never knows what secrets are lurking underneath.

Di Mackey said...

I'm just going to publish and hope that no one reads comments back this far, Ms V. Conical indeed ... I got the giggles just imagining your contraption...

I'm a New Zealander and therefore purer than the driven snow.