Sunday, November 09, 2008

Off to Berlin tomorrow ...

I just took one of those delicious phone calls, asking if I would consider flying in for a photography shoot in Berlin on Tuesday ...

After a truly excellent Sunday spent with Simon, Paola and their children, the phone call came from Berlin, inviting me to attend and photograph a symposium that I been curious about from the first moment I read of it a month or so ago.

To attend and photograph something like this, that mixes the academic with the arts always fills me with a huge joyful energy so yes ... I'm just trying to calm down as I write of it here.

The flight is booked, now to re-organise from the crazy week just been and repack for 2 nights in Berlin, flying tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Di, what an intriguing life you're living! Enjoy Berlin!

Di Mackey said...

It is kind of odd and intriguing, isn't it. You know, once upon a time and a long time ago, I was driving this station wagon to a home on the peninsula in Dunedin, New Zealand and I had my daughter and my golden labrador, I was the wife of a high school teacher and wandering off on my own was up there on my list of favourite things to do and I remember thinking, 'so this is it, my life' ...

Turns out we don't always know what's ahead I guess :)

Mlle said...

oooo sounds like a wonderful experience is waiting for you! I can't wait to see you and hear all about it :)

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about us little people now! :D

Have fun in Berlin.

Di Mackey said...

Let's make it soon, Shanti. We would so love to see you over our way. Phone call after Berlin? xo

Little people, Manic? It just doesn't suit you somehow, or anyone else I know ;)

paris parfait said...

Hooray! I love these serendipitious events. Have a wonderful time! xo