Saturday, November 29, 2008

Suketu Mehta and his idea about dealing with terrorism.

I admired the words of this man, as they appeared in the NY Times ...

But the best answer to the terrorists is to dream bigger, make even more money, and visit Mumbai more than ever...

If the rest of the world wants to help, it should run toward the explosion. It should fly to Mumbai, and spend money. Where else are you going to be safe? New York? London? Madrid?

So I’m booking flights to Mumbai. I’m going to go get a beer at the Leopold, stroll over to the Taj for samosas at the Sea Lounge, and watch a Bollywood movie at the Metro. Stimulus doesn’t have to be just economic.
Suketu Mehta, Op-Ed contributor, New York Times.


My mother always dreamed of a house by the sea when she retired.

My mother never lived by the sea, she died before she retired.

While I don't have a death wish, neither do I wish to be a victim of fear or buy into the idea that I'm going to live until I am an old woman. I remember reading that hijackers would now have a problem taking over an airplane ... since those passengers who fought back on that final plane in 9/11, managed to avert a greater tragedy than the one that they suffered.

Here's to the courage of Suketu Mehta in speaking out.

No comments: